• Work with the Journal Development Manager on journal development tasks for a specific set of journals, taking the lead on projects where needed.
• Provide timely support for external Editors, helping them with smooth running of the journal.
• Work with external Editors and internal departments to drive the process to prepare new journals for launch, including coordination of the process to build journal websites.
• Work with other in-house teams to coordinate the editorial, production and promotional activities.
• Compiling reports used by internal and external editors and analyzing this data.
• Organising meetings and conference calls with international representation.
• To enter data into various database systems and maintain the project information throughout the publishing process.
• Provide general administrative support to the Journal Development Manager where needed.
• A science degree or equivalent experience
• Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail
• Customer focused
• Able to work to tight deadlines and be able to manage several projects at any one time
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels
• Analytical skills
• A high level of computer literacy – understands common software (e.g. Microsoft Office suite) and gains new software skills quickly
• Previous working experience in STM publishing industry or experience of administrative work is desirable.
Potential candidates who meet our requirements may apply with a cover letter and full resume in both English and Chinese stating your current and expected salaries, availability and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org.